Testing is recommended every 30 days. To test, press and hold the test button for 10 seconds to simulate power failure and confirm the luminaire is functioning in emergency mode.
How it works
When power fails, the Emergency Battery Backup unit automatically switches to emergency power and delivers up to 23 watts for up to 90 minutes with no light degradation. The unit recharges when power is restored.
- The EBB is a one-piece emergency battery backup unit. The battery, charger, driver and test switch are all included within the metal housing.
- The unit is equipped with rare-earth magnets, which enable the installer to attach the unit to any metal surface while finalizing placement and wiring.
Safe and Reliable
- Meets or exceeds all National Electrical Code and Life Safety Code Emergency Lighting Requirements for ceiling heights up to 23 feet
- Rated for damp locations
- 50,000-hour rated life
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Operating temperature = 32°F to 113°F
Let's talk numbers
The LED Emergency Battery Backup is moderately priced but loaded with all the options you’ll need to achieve optimal efficiency. Along with a moderate upfront cost and an easy installation process, you can rest assured that your lights will still function in times of emergency.
So, what are you waiting for?
For more resources on the LED Emergency Battery Backup, visit our Resource Center
Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions about the LED Emergency Battery Backup.
Q:How and when should I test the functionality?
Q:Do I need to hook up the purple and gray wires to the battery back up even if I am not going to dim it?
Yes. The “0-10V Retrofit or Luminaire” wires (purple and gray) from the Emergency Battery Backup need to be connected to the luminaire 0-10V dimming or the unit will fail.
Still have questions? We can help!