Testing is recommended every 30 days. To test, press and hold the test button for 10 seconds to simulate power failure and confirm the luminaire is functioning in emergency mode.
How it works
When power fails, the Emergency Battery Backup unit automatically switches to emergency power and delivers up to 23 watts for up to 90 minutes with no light degradation. The unit recharges when power is restored.
Our emergency backup for LED light fixtures was designed to be as easy to install as possible.
- The EBB is a one-piece emergency battery pack for LED lights. The battery, charger, driver and test switch are all included within the metal housing.
- The unit is equipped with rare-earth magnets, which enable the installer to attach the unit to any metal surface while finalizing placement and wiring.
Safe and Reliable
Property managers across numerous industries, including commercial facilities and businesses, must ensure the lights remain on even in the event of an outage. This helps keep employees and the general public safe so they can exit the building without difficulty if needed. Any organization with a large number of people present at any given time — including schools, warehouses, hospitals, government establishments and offices — needs to guarantee the safety of everyone inside.
Incorporating an LED emergency backup driver and battery into your systems can provide you with the security you need no matter the size of your facility. Our LED emergency backup lighting kit:
- Meets or exceeds all National Electrical Code and Life Safety Code Emergency Lighting Requirements for ceiling heights up to 23 feet
- Is rated for damp locations
- Has a 50,000-hour rated life
- Is backed by a 5-year warranty
- Has an operating temperature = 32°F to 113°F
Let's talk numbers
The LED Emergency Battery Backup is moderately priced but loaded with all the options you’ll need to achieve optimal efficiency. Along with a moderate upfront cost and an easy installation process, you can rest assured that your lights will still function in times of emergency.
So, what are you waiting for?
For more resources on the LED Emergency Battery Backup, visit our Resource Center
Below are a few of the most frequently asked questions about the LED Emergency Battery Backup.
Q:How and when should I test the functionality?
Q:Do I need to hook up the purple and gray wires to the battery back up even if I am not going to dim it?
Yes. The “0-10V Retrofit or Luminaire” wires (purple and gray) from the Emergency Battery Backup need to be connected to the luminaire 0-10V dimming or the unit will fail.
Still have questions? We can help!